Monday, July 11, 2011

So many people to thank, so many things to think about.



Good morning to my friends and family :)


First I would like to thank my wife (Sherri), daughter (Nicole), son (Perry) and my mother-in-law and her husband for being there at the hospital when I was rushed to the ER and went to get my stent in.

I want to thank the rest of my family who came and or called to see how I was doing, you know who you are and who you are not.

Thanks to my friends who took the time to wish me well, I very much appreciate it!


Now a little explanation on what happened last Thursday morning. I got up around my normal time @4am to start my day. Everything seemed fine until I went outside on the porch to get some morning air, I had a hard time breathing. So thinking it was just to humid out for me I went back inside to find that it wasn't any better in there. I started gasping for air more and more. My wife had just got up to get ready for work and was letting the dogs outside when I tried to call for her. Thankfully she finally heard me and called 911.

They say that I was blue when I got to the ER, they rushed me in to the cath lab for surgery right away. Afterward the told me what I have known for the past 5 years, I need a quadruple heart by-pass!

For some this would be an easy decision to make (go ahead and have it), but in my situation it is not as easy. I have a thing called Factor V Leiden. To make a long story short I am prone to blood clots (which I have had 4 of in the past). Five years ago after my last heart attack I went to Philly for a second opinion. They were against any type of surgery because I am at a very high risk of death. So we have been treating it for the last five years with medication.

So now I am getting to the end of the road, not sure which way that I want to turn. I am really scared, and I just don't know what to do!

So I am going to ask for a second opinion once again in Philly and go from there. It's been a long haul the past 13 years... lung surgery, 4 blood clots and 3 heart attacks. Plus... I have diabetes to add to my list.

Please pray for me to make the right choice my friends and family. Over the years you may not have always agreed with me on certain things, but always know that I have been honest and true.

If for some reason God would decide to take me before I can make up my mind, it's been fun and I love you all!!!


Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment