Sunday, September 11, 2011

Good and Evil, how I remember 9/11



It was a beautiful late summer morning as I was out visiting my accounts. I was thinking about later in the day when I would go home a celebrate my daughters 6 year birthday. As I was in a warehouse making an order I could hear the guy on the radio say something about an airplane smashing in to the World Trade Center. So I picked up my cellphone to call my wife to see what was going on. I started to panic when I tried for over 20 minutes to get through. Finally the phone started to ring and she picked up the phone, I could tell by the tone in her voice there was trouble. She started to explain to me what happened as she started to cry saying people were jumping out of the burning buildings.

By then both buildings had been hit. I told her to drive over to the school and get our son and I would be home as soon as I could. What started out to be a beautiful day, quickly turned out to be a dark day from hell.

So many things flashed through my mind as I tried to get done and get home. It was hard to picture it all until I arrived at home and seen it for myself. I kept thinking "today was to be such a happy day, our baby turns 6". But what was good turned to evil. The World changed that day, and we had no choice but to change with it.

We never did get to celebrate our daughters birthday that day, the current events of the day kept us glued to the TV.

So here we sit 10 years later with memories that we will never forget. Yesterday we were able to celebrate our daughters 16th birthday at Overlook. What we thought was going to be a rainy day, turned out to be filled with sunshine, fun and love with family and friends.

Today we mourn the loss of the 2,977 people who died on 9/11/2001 at the hands of evil. May Good Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment