Thursday, September 1, 2011

In memory of our friend, Tony Epps




Last night I tried to write down some of my thoughts about Tony, but I just couldn't pull myself together to do it. I didn't sleep very well so I thought I would get up and just write down some things that came to mind.

Anyone that knew Tony knows that he was the life of the party, mainly because he loved life. He always had a smile (or that shitty little grin).

I met Tony back in the 70's when we were in High School at McCaskey. We both loved music and going to dances. We would take our records to the Hamilton Park dances and have Rick Bomberger play our music. On weekends it was off to Spring Gulch with the rest of the Lancaster crew to party in the barn, and the Show Palace/Who's Place. In 1979 we were the DJ's at one of the McCaskey dances. The band wasn't very good, so when they weren't playing we got to spin the tunes. Thanks to Tony he blew up my speakers (haha), the band was cool enough to hook my system to their speakers and we were jammin' once again!

I remember we would drive the loop in Lancaster in his Olds Cutlass Supreme with the T-Top off drinking some Olde Eddies. Having wild parties at John Brubaker's (Johnny B) house. We were just a bunch of teenage kids loving life.

I haven't seen Tony in a very long time, but was able to keep in contact using Facebook the past few years. But once you knew Tony you could never forget him, he was that type of person. I think it's safe to say that anyone that really knew Tony, loved Tony. He would make you laugh when you didn't even think about laughing.

So to my old friend of 30 some years.... your family and friends will miss you dearly. We all loved you in our own way. It was an honor to know you!

Rest In Peace
AFA
Scott (Scotty P.)

No comments:

Post a Comment